Saturday, March 20, 2010

I've been a very bad bad absent girl!!!

WOOOOOOW!
life has been undergoing positive changes (for the most part) in the past month.

First of all, Justin broke my camera at his birhtday party, which ahs made me refrain from really blogging because I like having pictures to post from my good camera and not my phone cam. But I know he'll eventually replace it some way, some how....

We MOVED!!!! Last weekend! I now reside back in Houston, TX, in a awesome duplex in the HEART of Montrose, and Melissa my bestie lives above us with her boyfriend. Its so crazy how perfectly that worked out! We love our house, and we have a huge back yard with off street parking, a hose to wash our cars, (that will probly never happen with me-haha) an electric gate, and a little private patio for me and justin since we have the first floor. I wish I had pictures to show but like I said....

I started my new job, and unfortunately, I absolutely HATE it. I have been kicking myself for a month for not taking the higher position job that was offered at a dollar less than what I make now. But a lesson has definitely been learned here. Money ISNT everything. I have some stuff in hte works that hopefully will make things better, but we'll just have to wait and see!

I came in to Houston 3 weeks early (this might be the main reason why I havent blogged) and stayed with my parents until we officially could move into our new pad. Well, that was some of the hardest weeks ever.....I had to drive an hour in traffic to get to work, and 45 minutes to get back, and by the time the day was almost over, my makeup felt like it was melting off my face. When I would get to my rents' I never fully got to relax, my mother as many know has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimers, and I felt it was important to take the sweat off my dad, and give her my full attention. The last week i stayed there was the most challenging, my dad took his chance since I was available to be there over night, to go out of town for business. I finally got a taste of my fathers day to day life with my mom. Constant attention, she gets angry very easily, since she doesnt fully understand what exactly is happening to her, there were two days out of that week that we spent screaming at each other over something very stupid, but I kept forgetting that I just need to blow it off, and remember she doesnt really know how she was making me feel. I am already a overly sensitive person. But I guess when it you MOTHER its just not that simple. Many people who havent experienced Alzheimers would never understand....so telling my boyfriend and freinds about seemed like it was no big deal, but it really effected me. And its only been a week and a half, I havent really called my mom to talk or check on her much, I just felt like I needed a breather. I ended up leaving there with a very very sore back and shoulder but the night before my rents next door neighbor who just so happens to be my friend and a chiropractor adjusted it a bit, and a HUUUUUGE zit on my face. I was, to say the least, a little bit stressed out.
All in all, I'm really excited to get settled in again. Justin and I cleaned out our old apartment and got rid of ALOT, and we rewarded ourselves with buying a new flat screen tv and a fabulously comfy sectional sofa, which will be delivered in about a week and a half. I cant wait to be happier and happier every day that is to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! welcome back!!

Caro said...

Glad that you are back!